Visiting the library during the pandemic
We’re pleased to welcome back visitors again from Monday 10th January 2022. However, COVID safety measures mean using our usual on-site services will need to work a little differently.
Guidelines for using on-site services
- Opening hours from 10th January 2022 are 10.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Visitor numbers will be monitored to allow you and our staff to work more safely when in the library, so we may need to ask you to wait before entering.
- Do not enter the library if you feel unwell and follow Government and NHS guidance on infection control, such as regular hand washing and testing.
- A clear screen is fitted around our enquiry desk to protect you as well as our staff.
- Hand sanitisers are available around the library so please use them, especially before and after touching equipment such as the computers and printers.
- We ask you to wear a face covering at all times while you are in the Library, unless you are exempt. We can provide a face mask for you.
- We need to ensure that fresh air circulates around the library, which means we will need to keep some windows open at all times. Please make sure you bring some warm clothing to wear during cold spells.
- Reduced capacity means some study and computer spaces will be unavailable, and these will be clearly marked.
- If you are returning items you have borrowed, please place these in the Book Returns container outside the library door and not at the enquiry desk.
- Access to our Book Room is restricted to one person at a time. Please ask a member of staff if you need assistance getting books off the shelf. Many books are available online so check our catalogue for availability.
- Please wipe the keypads on computers and printers before and after use with the cleansing wipes provided.
- If you require any assistance from the member of library staff on duty, please maintain social distancing as much as possible. Our staff will wear masks and gloves when assisting at printers and computers.
- Remember, we continue to provide postal loans for print-only items and a full online service to almost all of our resources. Find more details on our Working from Home web page.
- Please email us if you have any questions.