Welcome to new students!
The library staff would like to extend a very warm welcome to you and look forward to meeting you and helping you to make the most of our extensive library service.
Students will have received an email with details on how to set up a Shibboleth account, which will give you access to all our online services. When fully enrolled on your course, you’ll also be given a student ID card that will also be your library card and allow you to borrow items.
National Centre students: We’ve created a special web page to let you know how the Library can help you if you’re not studying the Tavistock Centre in London. Click here to view the page.
The next thing to do is to familiarise yourself with this library web site as it is the gateway to all of our resources. I won’t outline them all here but here are some key facts. The library:
- houses more than 14,000 books
- provides access to over 17000 E-Journals and 5000 e-Books
- subscribes to 19 relevant bibliographic and other databases
- ensures that you can search all of our resources at once using Discovery,
- allocates a Personal Librarian for each course
- offers a tailored Information Skills Programme email the library
Please contact your Personal librarian if you have any questions or email the library
You will need to use your Shibboleth/Institution login to access most of the electronic resources. Please email the library if you have not yet received this login.
There are a couple of quite useful YouTube videos that you might like to watch:
An introduction to the Service
How to use Discovery the amazing tool that searches all of our resources in one go!